Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How to reject a guy who is interested in you...

Dearest ML,

Happy to hear you met a new friend :-) Keep the guy radar ON!

Re your question on how to reject a guy who expressed interested in you but not vice versa, I actually consulted our male consultant M and here is his suggestions -

1. White lies
It is time for white lies say I am sorry but I am seeing someone / ex BF etc.... You write so beautifully you surely know how to fill out the rest

2. Be honest
He suggested no harm to be honest (and be absolutely honest) and make it clear that there is absolutely no chance to be romantically involved - something like "oh you are such a nice person I am happy to have you as friends"

3. For me I may say
- I am not in mood in seeing anyone at the moment due to work / studies / bad breakup etc... (but may cause backfire and make him more persistent!)
- I am not available as I have a crush on someone in the paddling club / gym (which implies he is not your type!)

Honestly comparing the two, I think option 1 may be more viable and cause less damage to another party?

Regardless, like what I mentioned do not agree to go out any dates in future which may give mixed signals :0) You may be bored but hang out with your friends / buddies (that's what friends are for?)

Hope it helps, keep me posted

And like what your last post said, be thankful on what you have, and always hope for the best (especially in Christmas!!)


k   xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment