Monday, November 7, 2011

Time change

Dear ML,

California had the time change to Pacific Standard Time at 2 am Sunday. Without much jargon it simply means the clock was pushed back 1 hour slower. I experienced this "historical moment" as I was on internet or something. Simply put by 2 am everything was changed to 1 am, including the clock on my laptop. Of course not every clock changes automatically (say the wrist watch)

I never have this sort of thing in my life. It makes me realize one thing - what is time? Is it something just simply subject to our definition? Or more importantly how we spend our time?

While I had 25 hours on that day, another day passed. I had a nice, quiet day with M as usual, my best friend gave birth to the most beautiful newborn baby I have seen. The sky goes darker earlier now. It is also cooler now compared to 2 months ago when I first arrived LA.

Whether we like it or not, the world won't stop. Everyone goes on with their lives.

While we have been (or had been) still moaning why we continue to care about our stupid ex, time do flies no matter what. Would it be better if we stop doing something, say being angry with ourselves or the jerk, trying to understand what happened or why it happened (like what R did to you, or B to me) etc.... and do something more constructive say have things thrown behind our back and move on with our lives?

It is simply because nothing much will change the outcome. Echoed with Tom's "Single Lady" post, we are doomed to experience pain. We are doomed to meet A hole(s) in the journey of life. If we do, and if we confirm someone to be an A hole to us, we should know what to do for the best interests of ourselves.

Seriously, do you think the A hole(s) will care that someone out there 10,000 km away still care / concern about them? This is like an investment with confirmed zero or negative ROI right from the very beginning.

Stop loss. And stop loss starting TODAY. 

k xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment