Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ring shopping

Dear ML, dear E,

Thanks for feedback :) I know you guys are curious about the ring shopping. To begin with, throughout my love dating journey, sad to say nobody has given me any ring (not even a plastic one sob sob). Before I met M I had not said the 3 words (I L U) for years (to specify - my life was not without men but just not the right men).

Needless to say it was indeed a (very) big change for me to actually go ring shopping. I have never thought of it. I was the type of person with "marriage phobia", partly because I did not grow up in a loving and warm family.  

I still remember when I arrived LA, M brought me a sack of paper inside a folder (he's the super organized type). He said "here are the things I plan to do, to go, to visit with you.... oh by the way, I have taken a look on the rings and printed out for you"

I was like "OMG" ~~ I still remember my immediate reaction was literally "OK I don't wanna look at it" as

(1) I cannot believe someone actually said that to me
(2) I am scared to death

Having said that, as time passed by, I gradually thought it may not be a bad idea. So I started to look at his printout, and started checking things online (Tiffany to begin with, of course!), and we spent 1 hour at the Diamond District downtown to check out the "real stuff". 

And... to answer your question, no we have not bought anything but we know what we are looking for (something very subtle and elegant, I am too concerned if the ring got robbed!). He knows my ring size (which Uncle Sam said I actually got very thin finger).

Like what you said, there are so many gay men around, so many A holes around and the non-A hole ones may not be ready for anything but themselves. When you do meet a special non A hole who you love and he loves you more and you guys can get along and he is ready and happy to make such a commitment to you, why not have a thought and go for it?


k  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I think he is happy offering you a ring and enjoys the process. After some life experiences, I found there was/is nothing to be scared of and we all fall in love and also deserved to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koise San, see my next blog post for my comment

    ReplyDelete