Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Museum of Broken Relationships

Dearest ML,

Another reason to go Croatia! I read news today about the Museum of Broken Relationships and I found it to be so amusing.

Put it this way, nowadays it seems to me that the odds for any relationship not to work out is far bigger than vice versa. So yes I am always intrigued by the subject matter, specifically what can we do to make ourselves feel a bit better at break up? How can we better deal with our exes?

Then I came across this article and this interesting museum. It is in fact set up by a ex-couple. They did not want to throw away their stuff, and set up a museum for it. Gradually people from around the world started to send "exhibits" and write a story about the exhibit and their love story, which can be sad, sorry, regret or hatred. 

The museum actually inspires me to think:

1. You need to release your emotions on breakup.

2. You need to do some "ritual" as if it marks the end of the relationship "officially".

3. We actually do not need to send stuff to that museum. Do something - which can be crazy drinking, or take picture of the objects and write an article about it.

4. Most importantly accommodate the ex somewhere in your heart. Do not fight with yourself. Sometimes we are angry not with him but with ourselves: how come I was so dumb to get to know about him? How come I had loved him etc....

Accept the fact he was special to you before, and now he is no longer available.

Keep the guy radar on, and move on with our lives.


k  xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment