Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cafe Kai Xin Guo

Dearest ML, 

Finally with feet back to Hong Kong and time on the blog. Read newspaper on the flight about Cafe Kai Xin Guo which is cafe on Chinese Tea opened and operated by a 35 years old Japanese. It was an inspiring interview in which he is a Japanese in love with the Chinese language and culture. So he wanna do something that can promote the cultural exchange between Chinese and Japanese and decided to study Chinese as his second language when in university.

Upon graduation, he spent some time to figure out what he wants to do, and decided to write down his qualities one by one (say outgoing, like to talk to people, in love with Chinese culture etc...), about 100 of them and then consolidated... and created this cafe in Shanghai that literally fits in his interests and what he is passionate about.

Then I realized - hey we can do a similar exercise like this. Stop complaining about the (damn) work as we can all participate to create our own work, regardless it is part-time or full time.

Life is only beautiful when we have a dream and passion and try our best to implement our goals.

Going to Whistler is actually one of my dreams. I am so happy that I have made it. Every year I try to travel to one place that I really wanna go. So right now it is time to recuperate, focus on my income stream and... work out my next destination list!


k  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely go to his cafe when I visit Shanghai!! Very inspiring and encouraging story. I wish him the best luck and succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I think we do need encouraging story like this to keep our dreams alive, and this is part of the reasons why I wrote about this blog post

    :)

    ReplyDelete