Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Quizás Quizás Quizás

Dearest ML,

Oh boy I must have been lazy... My last blog post was 3 weeks ago!!! Yes it seems to me this is indeed the first blog post written in LA again.

While the search for myself remains on, I have been reading different newspapers everyday. There is one column that I really like in Hong Kong, it is about the relationship of a financial journalist with her Mr Big: how two independent person coming along together gradually, her struggle if she should spend the night in his giant condo etc.... Very interesting.

As one reader pointed out in her comment, she wrote in a very Hong Kong style way. I have difficulty in describing what exactly is "Hong Kong style" way, in short it is Hong Kong style, something I miss after not in the city for a while.

This time she wrote about her university friend YY who studied abroad in the States, first time to learn how to take care of herself, first time to learn how to cook, go to the supermarket, to have a boyfriend and unfortunately broke up.

Devastated, she decided to go to Mexico alone.

In an unknown city unknown small bar full of strangers and Spanish, she heard this song "Quizas Quizas Quiza", a song that she heard 10,000 times when she broke up. Suddenly her secrets was revealed again unexpectedly.

"But when all the others are actually so normal and drinking coffee, chatting, I finally realized how naive I have been. I finally realized one thing: a song is just a song: it can be sad or neutral, or nothing. The same applies to a man," she wrote on a post card that the author still keeps it today.

Yes, a man is just a man! We all have our heart broken before, but a man is just a man. And today I read the Ask Amy column again, someone who had the history of "cut and run" would like to have her ex again. Amy just said "the best you can do is to let him go", and specified that "someone with a tendency to cut and run will have a tendency to do it again".

Then I thought about my ex(es), and your R, and realized one thing: a man is just a man. A man with a tendency to "cut and run" will likely to do it again. Whoever he / they are seeing now, good luck with them.


k  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment